Arabeeya Nursery Curriculum
Curriculum: Vision & Aims
Nursery has developed a curriculum based upon a vision that all children’s creativity, resilience, and love for learning is nurtured within a safe and caring environment.
Our curriculum is designed to create opportunities for young children to develop cultural capital through well-chosen texts, age appropriate activities, and experiences. We do this by:
- Planned lessons: using a range of approaches, teaching styles, differentiation, personalisation
- In the moment planning: responding to children’s play. Ensuring time to build relationships, share in joint attention and adding to the environment to further learning.
- Learning beyond the classroom: accessing the community, generalising learning in real life contexts.
- Child -initiated learning opportunities: creating an enabling environment where children control the direction of their learning and development.
- Personalised learning: we develop EHCPs, PLPs and Learning Journals.
- Positive approaches to behaviour: Social behaviour guidelines, positive handling approach, anti- bullying policy.
- Enabling environments: fostering independence, Invitation to engage, sensory areas to reflect.
- Meeting the developmental needs, interests and learning styles of each child. See link below.
The impact of our curriculum is measured by a basket approach to assessments:
- Base line assessments (EYFS)
- Observations and assessment,
- Attainment, and progress reviews.
- Learning journals.
- Engagement with parent, carers, and stakeholders: Quarterly parent review meetings
- P scales: see link below.
- Leuven emotional well-being scales; see link below.
- Unique Child <<<
- All about me
- I’m a superhero
- Family links
- My learning journal
- My ideas, creations, and interests
- Positive Relationships <<<
- Key person
- Nursery friends
- Enabling Environment <<<
A well planned and resourced environment that Promotes:
- Independent learning
- Critical thinking
- Learning & Development <<<